Re: including fdl

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 jfleck@inkstain.net wrote:

> > text of the license attached to it. We would be better served (in my
> > opinion) to put links to the license in our documents - if we want to
> > mirror that license somewhere on the GNOME site, that is fine but to
> > send it with each and every doc will just confuse the reader with more
> > information than they may care about.
> >
> Agreed.
>
> How 'bout a link in the doc to:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
>
> inside the legalnotice?

This sounds like the cleanest way to do it.  And when we move over to the
2.0 system, we will just change the link from an external url to
the local file (the fdl.sgml file drake has written).

For larger documents, such as the User's Guide and FAQ, we may still want
to include the FDL as an appendix.

Dan