Re: Python Tutorial 2.0

Gregory Leblanc <GLeblanc@cu-portland.edu> writes:

> Actually, this is a topic for the LDP, and not for GNOME.

Why?
Why isn't this a topic for GNOME?

It makes no sense to the user that there's a split between the desktop
and the machine?  When the user is looking for help on the system,
there's no reason why they should look in a different place from the
help for the desktop.  Writing the help may be out of the scope of the
GNOME project (though if we wrote some, I'm sure that would be great)
but displaying it certainly wouldn't.  We could even try to detect the
machine type, and redirect the document accordingly (or install the
documentation accordingly...)

My $0.02
-Jonathan