Re: minor quibbles and a comment

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Bill wrote:

> hey folks,
>
> first the problems, (really quite simple to fix :) in the template for
> the apps; the copyright statement in the beginning needs to be changed
> to more accurately reflect that the copyight applies to the doc and not
> the app itself. This is very easy to change in the next version. Just
> change it to read <title>User's Guide to (application name)</title> This
> is clearer.

This is a good point.  Right now we name the manual for an application the
application's name, which is not really right.  We should use a full title
for each document.  I would vote for <title>(application name)
Manual</title>, since we already have a User's Guide which is a separate
document.  However the Users' Guide will be going away in the future, so I
guess we might be able to use this term.  What does everybody else think
about this?

> And I wanted to thank everybody in the #docs and the project for
> welcoming me with open arms. :) I have been working 10+ hour days and
> nights, 5 days a week since my divorce to make ends meet (finished with
> that part in November) and contributing to the project even a little bit
> is a wonderful thing for me to be part of :) thank you!

I think we are all very fortunate that the GDP is populated by such
friendly and interesting people.  It makes it an enjoyable and rewarding
experience for all of us :)

Dan