Re: gtcd and gnome-media

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 09:41:11AM -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:

> I believe the problem is that at the moment, you just ripped a part of
> an sgml file, so it doesn't have appropriate headers (doc. type decl.,
> etc). To make it a stand-alone document, you need to convert it from
> <chapter> to <article> and add headers (see templates for an example).

Using gnome-help-broswer the paragraph right after IMPORTANT is displayed
on one line, but netscape look fine.

Anyone know what "Use alternate method to play CD" is for?

Other than that I think that's it... yes/no?

> Oh yes, one more things: it looks like some lines are longer than 80
> chars; could yopu reformat these paragraphs? Of course, it makes no
> difference for db2html, but is really incovenient to work with.

Nod. Fixed.

I also started a gdp.vim file. It has mapped commands for tags, if anyone is
interested in it.

Erik
--
All music aspires to the condition of muzak.
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"[

]>
<!-- ############# GNOME CD PLAYER - APPLICATION ############# -->

<chapter id="gtcd">
<title>GNOME CD Player</title>
 <sect1>
  <title>Introduction</title>
  <para>
  <indexterm>
   <primary>GNOME CD Player</primary>
  </indexterm>
   The <application>GNOME CD Player</application> (<command>gtcd</command>) is
   a GNOME enabled application that is preloaded with GNOME. This is a simple
   CD Player which allows you to listen to Compact Discs on your PC.
  </para>
 </sect1>
 <sect1 id="gtcd-use">
  <title>Using the GNOME CD Player</title>
   <para>
    The <application>GNOME CD Player</application> will be available to you in
    and can also be invoked in the command line with
   </para>
   <figure>
    <title>The GNOME CD Player</title>
   <screenshot>
    <screeninfo>GTCD</screeninfo>
    <graphic format="png" fileref="./figs/gtcd" srccredit="dcm">
    </graphic>
   </screenshot>
   </figure>
   <important>
    <title>IMPORTANT</title>
    <para>
      You must have the correct access rights to your CDROM drive for this
      application to be successful. Some systems, will normally grant you the
      necessary rights automatically when you log into the console. The
      mechanism that does this is called the
      <application>pam_console</application>. If your system doesn't give you
      the necessary rights to the CDROM, then you will need to be given those
      rights. If you have the root password type the following in a terminal
      window.
      <screen>
      <prompt>$</prompt> <replaceable>Password: [type in root password]
      </replaceable>
     </screen>
    </para>
    <para>
     If your CDROM is located somewhere other than
     <command>/dev/cdrom</command> make sure you change it in the commands
     above.
    </para>
   </important>
   <para>
    The <application>GNOME CD Player</application> works like any CD Player
    with common buttons such as Play, Stop, Pause, etc. Plus a
    <guibutton>track selector</guibutton>
    button that displays the track titles in a drop down menu. By pressing the
    <guilabel>track number</guilabel> in the window, you can change the looping
    features. There are three settings normal, loop-cd, and loop-t
    (which is loop track). By pressing the <guilabel>track time</guilabel> you
    change the track/disk elapsed/remaining. You have access to change various
    properties by pressing the <guibutton>Preferences</guibutton> button.
    This will bring up the <application>GNOME CD Player</application>
    <guibutton>Preferences</guibutton> dialog.
   </para>
   <para>
    There are three tabs in the <application>GNOME CD Player</application>
    <guibutton>Preferences</guibutton> dialog:
    <guilabel>CDDB Settings</guilabel>.
   </para>
   <figure>
    <title>The GNOME CD Player Properties</title>
   <screenshot>
    <screeninfo>The GTCD Properties Dialog</screeninfo>
    <graphic format="png" fileref="./figs/gtcd-props" srccredit="dcm">
    </graphic>
   </screenshot>
   </figure>
   <itemizedlist mark="bullet">
    <listitem>
     <para>
       <guilabel>Preferences Tab</guilabel> &mdash; In this dialog you may
        specify:
     </para>
     <para>
      What you would like the <application>GNOME CD Player</application> to do
      when first started, and when exited.
     </para>
     <para>
      The location of your CDROM on your system. This is usually
      <command>/dev/cdrom</command>.
     </para>
     <para>
      The Color to display the Track and CD Title.
     </para>
     <para>
      The Font to display the Track and CD Title.
     </para>
     <para>
       Whether you would like handles on the title window which will
       allow you to drag the title window off of the CD Player to
       float on the desktop.
     </para>
     <para>
       Whether tooltips are enabled when your mouse is over the buttons.
     </para>
     <para>
        Use alternate method to play CD
        [Note: I'm not sure what this means]
    </para>
    </listitem>
    <listitem>
     <para>
      <guilabel>Keybindings Tab</guilabel> &mdash; In this tab you can change
      the key bindings associated with the
      <application>GNOME CD Player</application>.
      These keybindings allow you to use the Player without using your mouse.
      If you want to change one of the bindings, select it with your mouse and
      type the new key in the <command>Click here to change</command> text box.
      Press <guibutton>Apply</guibutton> to save the changes.
     </para>
    </listitem>
    <listitem>
     <para>
      <guilabel>CDDB Settings Tab</guilabel> &mdash; CDDB stands for CD
      Database and is a huge global database of CD information. Each CD has an
      identity, which the CD Player can read. If you are connected to the
      internet, it will then search a CDDB server for that CD identity and
      return any information it has on it. This usually includes CD Title,
      Artist, and track titles. It can also include notes and lyric
      information. Once this data is retrieved, the
      <application>GNOME CD Player</application> will store the information on
      your hard drive for future access. In the
      <guilabel>CDDB Setting</guilabel> tab you can change the CDDB server
      and edit your local CDDB database. You can read more about CDDB by
      visiting the
      <ulink url="http://www.cddb.org" type="http"> CDDB Website</ulink>.
     </para>
    </listitem>
   </itemizedlist>
   <para>
    Another feature in the <application>GNOME CD Player</application>
    is the Track Editor. The track editor can be launched by the
    <guibutton>Track Editor</guibutton> button on the main
    <application>GNOME CD Player</application> window. The
    Track Editor allows you to edit the CD track information in case
    it is incorrect or there was no CDDB entry for your CD. You may
    also check the status of the CDDB information by pressing the
    <guibutton>CDDB Status</guibutton> button at the bottom of the
    Track Editor. This will show you what messages,  if any,  were
    returned from the CDDB server. The <guibutton>Submit</guibutton>
    button is to sumbit information about the CD to the CDDB, if you
    are the lucky one to be the first to have a CD without any
    information at the CDDB site.
   </para>
   <figure>
    <title>The GNOME CD Player Track Editor</title>
   <screenshot>
    <screeninfo>The GTCD Track Editor.</screeninfo>
    <graphic format="png" fileref="./figs/trackeditor" srccredit="dcm">
    </graphic>
   </screenshot>
   </figure>
  </sect1>