gtcd and gnome-media

Hi,

I added a few items to the gtcd doc in gnome-apps.sgml. I'm just learning DocBook,
so there probably will be errors.  I also had some questions/comments look for
[Note: ...].  I'm start working on the rest of gnome-media. Do cddb* need docs?
And vumeter doesn't work correctly on my system. (Tho I'd prefer a Peak meter. :)

Erik

--
All music aspires to the condition of muzak.
<!-- ############# GNOME CD PLAYER - APPLICATION ############# -->

<chapter id="gtcd">
<title>GNOME CD Player</title>
 <sect1>
  <title>Introduction</title>
  <para>
  <indexterm>
   <primary>GNOME CD Player</primary>
  </indexterm>
   The GNOME CD Player (gtcd) is a GNOME enabled application that is preloaded
   with GNOME.  This is a simple CD Player which allows you to listen to Compact
   Discs on your PC.
  </para>
 </sect1>
 <sect1 id="gtcd-use">
  <title>Using the GNOME CD Player</title>
   <para>
    The GNOME CD  Player will be available to you in  the Main Menu in
    the Audio  menu and can also  be invoked in the  command line with
    <command>$gtcd</command>.
   </para>
   <figure>
    <title>The GNOME CD Player</title>
   <screenshot>
    <screeninfo>GTCD</screeninfo>
    <Graphic Format="png" Fileref="./figs/gtcd" srccredit="dcm">
    </graphic>
   </screenshot>
   </figure>
   <important>
    <title>IMPORTANT</title>
    <para>
      You must have the correct access rights to your CDROM drive for this
      application to be successful. Some systems, will normally grant you the
      necessary rights automatically when you log into the console. The
      mechanism that does this is called the
      <application>pam_console</application>. If your system doesn't give you
      the necessary rights to the CDROM, then you will need to be given those
      rights. If you have the root password type the following in a terminal
      window.
     <programlisting>
      $ su
      $ Password: [type  in root password]
      $ chmod a+r /dev/cdrom
      $ exit
     </programlisting>
    </para>
    <para>
     If  your CDROM is  located somewhere  other than  /dev/cdrom make
     sure you change it in the commands above.
    </para>
   </important>
   <para>
    The GNOME CD Player works like any CD Player with common buttons such as
    Play, Stop, Pause, etc. Plus a track selector button that displays the track
    titles in a drop down menu. By pressing the track number in the window,
    you can change the looping features. There are three settings normal, loop-cd,
    and loop-t (which is loop track). By pressing the track time you change the
    track/disk elapsed/remaining. You have access to change various properties by
    pressing the <guibutton>Preferences</guibutton> button. This will bring up
    the GNOME CD Player Preferences dialog.
   </para>
   <para>
    There are three tabs in the GNOME CD Player Preferences dialog: Preferences,
    Keybindings, and CDDB Settings.
   </para>
   <figure>
    <title>The GNOME CD Player Properties</title>
   <screenshot>
    <screeninfo>The GTCD Properties Dialog</screeninfo>
    <Graphic Format="png" Fileref="./figs/gtcd-props" srccredit="dcm">
    </graphic>
   </screenshot>
   </figure>
   <ITEMIZEDLIST MARK="bullet">
    <listitem>
     <para>
       Preferences   Tab   -    In   this   dialog   you   may
       specify:
     </para>
     <para>
      What  you would  like the  GNOME CD
       Player  to do when  first started,  and when  exited.
     </para>
     <para>
      The  location of  your CDROM on  your system.  This is
       usually  <command>/dev/cdrom</command>.
     </para>
     <para>
      The
       Color to display the  Track and CD Title.
     </para>
     <para>
      The
       Font  to  display the  Track  and  CD Title.
     </para>
     <para>
       Whether you would  like handles on the title  window which will
       allow you  to drag  the title  window off of  the CD  Player to
       float  on the desktop.
     </para>
     <para>
       Whether  tooltips are
       enabled when your mouse is over the buttons.
     </para>
     <para>
        Use alternate method to play CD
        [Note: I'm not sure what this means]
    </para>
    </listitem>
    <listitem>
     <para>
      Keybindings Tab - In this tab you can change the key bindings associated
      with the GNOME CD Player. These keybindings allow you to use the Player
      without using your mouse. If you want to change one of the bindings, select
      it with your mouse and type the new key in the <command>Click here to
      change</command> text box. Press Apply to save the changes
     </para>
    </listitem>
    <listitem>
     <para>
      CDDB Settings Tab - CDDB stands for CD Database and is a huge global
      database of CD information. Each CD has an identity, which the CD Player
      can read. If you are connected to the internet, it will then search a CDDB
      server for that CD identity and return any information it has on it. This
      usually includes CD Title, Artist, and track titles. It can also include
      notes and lyric information. Once this data is retrieved, the GNOME CD
      Player will store the information on your hard drive for future access. In
      the CDDB Setting tab you can change the CDDB server and edit your local
      CDDB database. You can read more about CDDB by visiting the <ULINK
      URL="http://www.cddb.org" TYPE="http">CDDB Website</ULINK>.
     </para>
    </listitem>
   </itemizedlist>
   <para>
    Another feature  in the GNOME CD  Player is the  Track Editor. The
    track   editor   can   be   launched   by   the   <guibutton>Track
    Editor</guibutton> button on the  main GNOME CD Player window. The
    Track Editor allows  you to edit the CD  track information in case
    it is  incorrect or there was no  CDDB entry for your  CD. You may
    also  check the  status of  the CDDB  information by  pressing the
    <guibutton>CDDB  Status</guibutton> button  at the  bottom  of the
    Track  Editor. This  will show  you  what messages,  if any,  were
    returned from the CDDB server. The <guibutton>Submit</guibutton>
    button is to sumbit information about the CD to the CDDB, if you
    are the lucky one to be the first to have a CD without any
    information at the CDDB site.
    [Note: I haven't been able to get this to work.]
   </para>
   <figure>
    <title>The GNOME CD Player Track Editor</title>
   <screenshot>
    <screeninfo>The GTCD Track Editor.</screeninfo>
    <Graphic Format="png" Fileref="./figs/trackeditor" srccredit="dcm">
    </graphic>
   </screenshot>
   </figure>
  </sect1>