Re: Indexing

Dan Mueth <d-mueth@uchicago.edu> writes:

> Does anybody have expertise in the indexing field?  There was an OSWG
> person at GUADEC who had some expertise in indexing (and felt it was not a
> trivial thing to do) - does anybody recall what his name was?  It would be
> really helpful if somebody with some experience here could give us some
> pointers on the best way to index a document.  We will probably want to
> put some guidelines on indexing in the Handbook.

I, of course, offered to put some tips in the handbook on how to add
indexing (DocBook-wise) into our docs but, of course, I have not.

I will try to remember to do so on one of a couple plane rides coming
up, if not before then.

You are correct otherwise though, we need to make sure that we can
find a *real* indexing person to at least give us some tips... it is
an art and assuming you know how to do it correctly can create one bad

Dave

--

David Mason
Red Hat Advanced Development Labs