Re: GDP and docbook 4.0 ?

"David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com> writes:

> We should switch after GNOME 1.2 as well so we don't have to update
> all our docs because there are some backwards compatible problems
> (like <artheader> becoming <artinfo>).
that should be <articleinfo>.

> But I assure you we will move to it - and it is likely that we will
> move to the XML version sooner than you might think.

I am currently using docbook 4.0 xml (this has just recently been
released), and I was wondering how the stylesheets are going to be written.
Do you know of any xslt-stylesheets ?

In order to get the xml-version of panel.sgml to work, I needed to remove
some entities (because I did not want to edit all of the support-files as
well), and I had to make <xref> explicitly empty (/>) (maybe some others as
well).
I think the sgml->xml-conversion can probably be done using psgml, an sgml/xml
editing-mode for emacs
(http://www.lysator.liu.se/projects/about_psgml.html).

--
Felix Natter