Indexing

When indexing is built into the new help browser, indexing will be an
important way for most users to navigate documentation and quickly find
the relevant part of the document (or even the right document) to address
the question the user has.  I think it is therefore important that (1) we
know how to index our documents well, and (2) we write with a style/layout
that sorts the document into logical pieces which address certain tasks or
questions the user may have.  Aaron has added some material to the
Handbook to explain style and is currently working on modifying the
templates to more closely illustrate how this style can be
implemented.

Does anybody have expertise in the indexing field?  There was an OSWG
person at GUADEC who had some expertise in indexing (and felt it was not a
trivial thing to do) - does anybody recall what his name was?  It would be
really helpful if somebody with some experience here could give us some
pointers on the best way to index a document.  We will probably want to
put some guidelines on indexing in the Handbook.

Dan