Re: More (sigh) questions: applet docs

Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> > > GUADEC to help me sort some of this out, but apparently that workshop
> > > is not happening now :(
> >
> > So was I: it's a pity so few external people were interested but hardly
> > suprising as docs has a bad name as being difficult to do and boring. We
> > seem to have more active documenters than a few months ago but need more,
> > learning more about how it all works sounded darned good to me.
>
> Everyone seems to think they're boring, but I really enjoy them.
> Then again, I _read_ all the docs, too, which I gather makes me a
> weirdo :) Difficult: yes. The learning curve is steep. On the other
> hand, when you're on it is the best time to help other people,
> sometimes, because the same problems they have are the ones you
> just figured out or had explained to you. (And on that note, I
> should say thank you to everyone who keeps answering my questions
> here. It really is much appreciated.)

I tend to do the same things.  It's just that some people are cut out
for hacking, and others are cut out for the 'real work' of writing the
documentation for it.  I'll have to check out the documents in the
gnome-hello module, and see if we can get enough good things there for
gnome-hello-doc? module.

> > Hopefully a few people from the GDP and Translations will be at GUADEC,
> > I hope to be.  Perhaps we can have an informal meet to discuss docs and
> > GNOME while the developers hack??  Who else is going to be there?
>
> Yes! I'm definitely up for that. Who else?

Drat, too far for us in the US...
	Greg