Re: web control applet draft, question

Jason James <jjames@redhat.com> writes:

> The beta of of Red Hat 6.2 is using Enlightenment by default, though
> Sawmill is included.
>
> On the other hand, many GNOME developers have been saying that Sawmill
> is better suited to what they are doing in GNOME and this seems to be
> the longer term direction.

Jason is correct about the next release of RH - which is soon. The
decision was made to keep E for the "6" series so we didn't confuse
users too much. I can not tell you what will be default for the
*next*-next release of RH or I would:

a) be in trouble for releasing future plans in a public forum
b) be in danger of giving out possible wrong information

However, I can tell you that a lot of us here use sawmill and yes it
will ship on the next release of RH and load by default if the GNOME
desktop is chosen - this way, if anyone has trouble with E the support
staff can simply say, open the control center, choose window managers,
choose sawmill, click OK.

Thats all I will offer here.

Dave

--