Re: (Was The GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation)

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 07:10:42PM -0800, Eduardo Silva wrote:
> --- Joakim Ziegler <joakim@styx.net> wrote:

>> Conglomerate has hotkey support. At the moment, it
>> only supports hotkey
>> markup of things you select with the mouse, but this
>> will change. We might
>> emulate the Emacs way of doing it, or we might look
>> at finding an even more
>> efficient way, but getting the structured writing to
>> be a 1-pass process is a
>> concern, as is full mouseless operation.

> What if you besides have a popup menu apearing by a
> press of a key. I'm thinking off blender, where we
> press space and a text menu appears with all the
> comands available, plus the hotkey next to them. Thus,
> news comands can be launched by this method, and with
> time the user gets to know and use the hotkeys, all
> without leaving the keyboard.

Yes, this is one of the things we've thought of. Most likely, we'll provide
several ways of doing things, all focused on teaching people that most
optimal way, that is, direct hotkeys.

--
Joakim Ziegler - styx research director - joakim@styx.net
FIX sysop - FIXmud admin - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer