Re: (Was The GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation)

--- Joakim Ziegler <joakim@styx.net> wrote:
> Conglomerate has hotkey support. At the moment, it
> only supports hotkey
> markup of things you select with the mouse, but this
> will change. We might
> emulate the Emacs way of doing it, or we might look
> at finding an even more
> efficient way, but getting the structured writing to
> be a 1-pass process is a
> concern, as is full mouseless operation.
What if you besides have a popup menu apearing by a
press of a key. I'm thinking off blender, where we
press space and a text menu appears with all the
comands available, plus the hotkey next to them. Thus,
news comands can be launched by this method, and with
time the user gets to know and use the hotkeys, all
without leaving the keyboard.

Just a thought.

Eduardo

=====
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 19:
"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."
http://www.democracynow.org
http://www.webactive.com
http://www.freespeech.org
http://www.indymedia.org