Re: Xchat Documentation

Peter-

The Makefile.am needs to include the directory docs.  The configure.in
file needs to add to AC_OUTPUT /doc/Makefile.  There needs to be a new
Makefile.am written for the docs directory.  The help bindings needs to
use the gnome help browser and the Makefile/RPM spec files need to change.

The path to the docs uses environment variables so it doesn't make a
difference is the user has debian or suse or caldera installed.  The path
to the gnome help is defined in the gnome CVS under gnome-hello which
provides examples on how to make xchat compliant with gnome help.

I'm going to convert the sgml help file to Docbooks DTD, the standard for
gnome documentation and rewrite the manual to bring it up to date with
xchat 1.3.12.  I'm also going to add more detailed help on basic and
advanced IRC commands.  Later I wish to intregrate Dagmar d'Surreal
scripting documentation.

If either you or Adam have any questions, comments, suggestions, or
objections please send me an email or I hang out on irc.mint.net at #docs.
If I don't hear from either of you I'll assume that you want me to proceed
with the documentation as outlined above.

Eric Baudais