Re: Eye of Gnome manual on CVS

Alexander Kirillov <kirillov@math.sunysb.edu> writes:

> a. I do not think <book> is really necessary - all that you have there
> now can be easily accomodated using <article>. Well, this is a matter
> of taste.

I would prefer to keep it as a <book>.  When we add support for image
collections and other more exotic stuff an <article> will get
unwieldy.

Also, eventually I want to have an EOG User's Guide and an EOG
Developer's Guide.  The latter will have the documentation for our
public interfaces exported via Bonobo.  The idea is to have a <book>
for each guide and then join them in a nice all-encompassing <set>.

I also think an <article> is not the right thing to use for software
documentation :-)

> b. About the contents: what I really missed there was a listing of all
> supported graphics formats.

Good point.  I'll make sure the next version has one.

> c. Another thing missing from  the manual: Does EOG accept
> drag-and-drop? if so, it better be mentioned.

Not yet.  Will be in the next version.

> d. It might make sense to update the feedback section to use new URL
> for GDP web page (developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp). Also, by now we
> can safely remove the phrase "If you are using GNOME 1.1 or later...."

Done.

> Otherwise, it looks good!

Thanks for your comments!

  Federico