Re: chapters

* Karl Eichwalder (keichwa@gmx.net) wrote at 12:09 on 13/08/00:
> Ali Abdin <aliabdin@aucegypt.edu> writes:
>
> > Ahh - right :) I knew that :) The cool thing is we can handle a Book
> > with one big chapter very well ;) The problem arises when you have
> > multiple chapters :(
>
> Do Architectural Form Processing first and it flies.  In short this
> means you've to "map":
>
>     "book"        | "article"
> ==================+====================
>     trough away   | or map it to
>     bookinfo (?)  | articleinfo (?)
> ------------------+--------------------
>     chapter       | sect1
>     sect1         | sect2
>     sect2         | sect3
>     ...           |
>     etc.          |
> ------------------+--------------------
>     chapterinfo   | sect1info
>     ...           |
>     etc.          |

YeahYeahYeah - in theory this sounds like a trivial thing to do, but its not
really ;) Theoretically bookinfo is supported - the problem is with
're-mapping' the chapter/sect stuff.

I should also really create a way to tell if the article is a book or an
article, that'd help. Anyway, now now - I'm going for my weeks vacation in
Alexandria :)

> Please, please, no further hacks.  Use well defined SGML technology.  If
> you don't it we all will loose in the end ;)

Well - one could argue that gnome-db2html2 is just one big hack ;) And anyway,
I don't think I've been doing any 'hacks' - I'm just extending gnome-db2html2
as it was designed ;)

Regards,
Ali