binded to the apps by next Friday.  For applets, lets aim for Monday if at
all possible so we have a few days left to reformat these for the Users
Guide.

#1) Make sure you have finished your documentation for any applications or
applets you have signed up for.

Everything needs to be in CVS and correctly bound into the application.
You can send docs to Jacob <jacob@helixcode.com> to have this done when
you are finished with them.  I can also do this for applets.  Try to make
sure your docs: A) have screenshots which render properly in the
gnome-help-browser, B) Use the FDL (technically, if you write it, you
*can* choose not to use the FDL.  But if you don't use the FDL, make sure
it is intentional and not an accident.), C) follow the latest template at
http://www.gnome.org/gdp/templates.html, and D) correctly bind to the
application/applet.

#2) Consider taking on a new doc.

We have 5 unclaimed documents left to be written: gnome-help-browser,
gcolorsel, gdict, slashapp, and xmms.  If you choose to do any of these,
please sign up on the DocTable and send me an email, since I'm having a
hard time keeping track of everything.  There are also a number of
assigned docs which may not have actually been written which will probably
need to be re-assigned after I assess which ones are unwritten - so lets
get these 5 out of the way soon.

#3) Help finish existing docs in CVS.

Many of of the docs in CVS have problems.  The most common problems are:
A) missing screenshots or having screenshots which do not render
correctly, B) using old templates, and C) (which derives from B) not
having correct FDL and GPL license descriptions.

Feel free to send any information about the status of docs to me as I am
keeping a list which I will periodically post.

So, here(below) is my current draft of the status of each doc.  John and I
tried to go through each item (applet or application or component) in the
latest CVS for gnome-core, gnome-applets, and gnome-utils and determine
its status.  There were quite a few things there, and I am plenty busy, so
please accept that there are probably some errors in here and don't take
any of this personally.  We are a team working toward a common goal.

I am trying to contact authors of docs which are not in CVS yet to find
out their status. Please send any info to me.

Finally - please put a priority on applet docs for the next few days,
since we need to do a lot of massaging of the applet docs to put them
in the Users Guide.

Dan

			Status of Documentation For
		gnome-utils, gnome-core, and gnome-applets
				Components

				April 13, 2000

Applets (gnome-applets and gnome-core applets)
Afterstep Clock(asclock_applet) - no screenshot, old template, no FDL
Battery - Screenshots look poor in GHB
cdplayer_applet - NO DOCS
charpick_applet - ok
gen_util_applet - NO DOCS
clockmail_applet - no screenshot, old template, no FDL
swap load, multiload_applet, memload,netload - no FDL, no screenshot, old
template
cpumemusage - no screenshots, missing GPL section
deskguide - slightly old template
diskusage - somewhat older template(jfleck/drake are fixing)
drivemount - ok
fifteen - no screenshots, old template, no FDL
fish - no screenshots, old template, no FDL
life - no screenshots, old template, no FDL
GKB - ok
gweather - broken docs(applet points to gweather instead of
           gweather_applet), wrong template
gnotes - missing GPL section
jbc - no screenshots, old template, no FDL
mailcheck - no screenshots, old template, no FDL (should this really be
            merged with printer applet?)
minicommander - doesn't follow template, no <legalnotice>?
Mixer Applet - ok
Modem lights - ok
odometer - no screenshots
geyes - no screenshots, old template, no FDL(no license at all)
printer_applet- broken screenshots, old template, no FDL (should this
                really be  merged with mailcheck applet?)
quicklaunch - ok
screenshooter - wrong template (not a <sect1> ?)
slash_app - no docs
sound-monitor - ok
tasklist - somewhat old template
tick-a-stat - no docs (muet is working on this)
webcontrol_applet - ok
whereami_applet - no screenshots, old template, no FDL
xmms - no docs

gnome-core (except applets)
---------------------------
Menu editor(gmenu) - no docs connected
session-properties - no docs connected to Help button(drake will fix)
gnome-terminal - needs FDL and GPL
panel - ok (needs some editting)
gnome-help-browser - must be sgml-ized

gnome-utils
-----------
gcalc - Greg Leblanc signed up 4-4, it's not done yet
gcolorsel - no one's signed up yet
gdialog - I'm not sure what to do with this one
gdiskfree - jfleck - done
gfontsel - sasha - done, in CVS
gless - jfleck - done
gsearchtool - sasha - done, in CVS
gshutdown - jfleck - done,
gstripchart (and its applet) - John Kodis finished this, it's in CVS,
gtt - partial - Aaron has a draft done
guname - jfleck - done
gw - jfleck - done
idetool - muet