Plans for yelp in 2.17

Hi,

I know this is getting somewhat late in the release cycle, but...

Does anyone have plans for adding stuff to yelp this cycle?  I've got a
few small things I'd like to see in, but don't know if I'll have time to
do them.

If everyone is working on "More than 6 month" type stuff, are we just
leaving yelp as-is for now, fixing bugs and release 2.16.x for the 2.18
release?

As you probably know, I've been working on Spoon (replacement for
scrollkeeper).  This is steadily getting there (I'll do a new release
soon, promise).  It's now near the stage where it could be considered
for use [1].  For this reason, I'd love to see it used within yelp.  It
probably won't be ready for 2.18 (and it's too late to propose it), but
I'd like to push for its inclusion in 2.20.

To do this, it'd need integrated with yelp (work I can do in a branch)
and also some changes to gnome-doc-utils (as some things are no longer
available and some things are changed).

The change should require minimal changes to modules outside of yelp and
g-d-u (as Spoon has utilities to handle new omf file registration etc.),
so shouldn't disrupt anyone, unless they want it to.

In order to be used (and people start generating scroll files instead of
omf's), the spec needs nailed down (at least the basics), so if you have
any comments on it, now is the time to yell.  I intend to alter sections
of it in light of what I've learnt with Spoon so far, so any comments
greatly appreciated.  The current (what I posted previously) version is
available at [2] and an html version can be found at [3].

Thanks
Don

[1] As in, it has a scrollkeeper-update script which can get through all
GNOME modules and whatever other omf files are on my computer.
[2] http://donscorgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/help-spec-0.1.5.xml
[3] http://donscorgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/help-spec-0-1-5.html