Re: gnome-doc-utils-0.2.0 and FC4

Eugéne Suter wrote:
Hi,

I guess your best bet would be to use Yum to update gnome-doc-utils, that way you won't have to worry about the dependencies yourself.
If you can't update it with Yum, then try following this wiki:

http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/GNOME_Doc-Utils

Its not Fedora specific, but it will give you an idea of what has to be done.

Hope that helps.

Eugéne

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for that information. Yum says that there is no update available.

I downloaded and built the tarball gnome-doc-utils-0.8.0.tar.bz2 with no errors. I followed the instructions in the INSTALL file. Now all I have to do is see if I can build the gramps package without the dependency error.

When I tried to build a .rpm package from the tarball though I got a heap of errors. See following;

[root barney gnome-doc-utils-0.8.0]# rpmbuild -tb gnome-doc-utils-0.8.0.tar.bz2
error: File gnome-doc-utils-0.8.0.tar.bz2: No such file or directory
sh: gnome-doc-utils-0.8.0.tar.bz2: No such file or directory
sh: gnome-doc-utils-0.8.0.tar.bz2: No such file or directory
error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
error: License field must be present in package: (main package)
[root barney gnome-doc-utils-0.8.0]# man rpmbuild
[root barney gnome-doc-utils-0.8.0]#

I'm a bit reluctant to experiment here. The above errors seem to indicate that rpmbuild cannot unpack a .bz2 tarball. Do you know if that assumption is correct?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Graeme.
Download my GnuPG public key from:-