Re: A few queries: relation with Anjuta and licensing

Hi Debarshi,

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 03:14 +0530, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:

> + Is gdl _only_ meant for Anjuta or is it possible for other
> applications to use it too? In case other applications can use it too,
> then I would consider renaming the package to from anjuta-gdl to
> libgdl, as Debian names it.

libgdl is better since it follows its real name GDL.

> + What is the exact license under it is released? Is it LGPL 2.1 or
> later, GPLv2 or later? I find that many of the files have different
> license notices although the COPYING file contains the GPLv2 text.

It's GPLv2 or later for the most part, so the package as a whole goes as
GPLv2 or later. There are some files with LGPL so the individual files
hold their respective licenses. As as packager, take GPL as claimed in
readme.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba