Re: Snippets library

Hi Chuchi!

> http://gtksnippets.sourceforge.net/wiki

As I already mentioned on IRC, I think that this is really nice. Anyway,
from the anjuta point of view, we would like to have something
independant from gtksourceview.

> Another quiestion:
>
> Are you related with libgdl (gnome development library)? Perhaps we need
> add all this utilities in this library? I don't know.

libgdl is maintained by the anjuta team but I think we should not add
extra API to it. Many people already complained that it contains too
much unrelated API.

> The next step (when the snippets library will be closed) is develop a
> library to add autocompletion support to the gtksourceview
>
> pbor:
> I think autocompletion should work like in eclipse
>  where there is a completion widget that pops up on ctrl+space
>  and contains possible completions which come from different sources
>  (snippets, remembered words, CTAGS, language keywords, etc)

Again, from the view of a anjuta developer, autocompletition and tags
are different things. Autocompletition is something the user can request
using ctrl-space while tags should automaticly be shown when they are
detected.

For the implementation I think a combination of the new GtkTooltip API
in Gtk 2.11 and the SexyTooltip of libsexy looks like a clean solution
without the need to care about Gdk/GtkWindows, placement and other ugly
stuff.

Regards,
Johannes