tab stops in different positions on different lines with GtkSourceView (or GtkTextView)

Hi

I want to do something a little unusual with
GtkSourceView (or failing that GtkTextView) - have tab
stops in different positions on different lines
("paragraphs"). An example might be to have the first
line have tab stops at 4, 7, 13, 16 while the second
line has tab stops at 5, 10, 14, 17.

Is this possible in any way? - I can't see anything
apart from gtk_source_view_set_tabs_width(), and that
only takes a pointer to the control and one guint.

Thanks