Re: tab stops in different positions on different lines with GtkSourceView (or GtkTextView)

On mar, 2007-01-09 at 22:37 +0000, Adam Tertial wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to do something a little unusual with
> GtkSourceView (or failing that GtkTextView) - have tab
> stops in different positions on different lines
> ("paragraphs"). An example might be to have the first
> line have tab stops at 4, 7, 13, 16 while the second
> line has tab stops at 5, 10, 14, 17.
>
> Is this possible in any way? - I can't see anything
> apart from gtk_source_view_set_tabs_width(), and that
> only takes a pointer to the control and one guint.
> gtk_text_view_set_tabs ()

>From the API docs of GtkTextView:

"void        gtk_text_view_set_tabs          (GtkTextView *text_view,
                                             PangoTabArray *tabs);

Sets the default tab stops for paragraphs in text_view. Tags in the
buffer may override the default."

So it seems to imply that it is possible to do what you want with
tags... dunno the details though :)

ciao
	Paolo