Re: gtksourceview requires libgnome

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 14:42, Michael Terry wrote:
> Gustavo Giráldez wrote:
> > I see the default behavior is to not build the test programs.  I'd like
> > it to be the other way around, and call the option
> > --disable-build-tests.  If you want you can still disable the build
> > automatically by testing for the presence of gnome-vfs, if configure
> > failing with no special options is your concern.
>
> I made the change, but didn't do any conditional checking for gnome-vfs.
>   So, the default build will just use gnome-vfs.
>

> > Also, instead of adding a new header file, I would prefer to not use
> > boilerplate macros at all, and define the class initialization functions
> > in the source files, just as it's done for most of the other classes.
>
> Done.
>

> > More comments inserted in the patch (some hunks snipped).
>
> I believe I fixed all concerns in the attached patch.  Let me know how
> it fits.

Looking good.  A couple of remaining issues:

+ The logic for the --disable-build-tests option is reversed.  configure
sets $enableval to "no" when you pass --disable-* and "yes" or the given
argument when you pass --enable-*[=arg] (arg being optional)

+ I changed my mind about the CONF_DIR variable (you're not actually
using it anyway in the code :-).  Please just put a #define USERCONF_DIR
(or something like that) in gtksourcelanguagesmanager.c and use that,
instead of defining it in configure.in.  I *think* Gnome will eventually
move to the XDG directory spec, so in the future that value would be
taken from some environment variable at runtime.

+ Please write a ChangeLog entry

Thanks for your work and patience.

Regards,
Gustavo