Re: gtksourceview requires libgnome

Hi,

> Hello.  I recently noticed the existance of gtksourceview
> and am really interested in using in my own project.

Great!

> However, I also noticed that it requires libgnome,
> which makes me less excited about using it.
>
> Is there any way the requirement could be dropped?

I think it could be dropped, but I have no time to work on it.
BTW, I don't think libxml2 dependency could be dropped easily.

> I looked in the source and it didn't seem to be integrated
> too heavily to GNOME.

Yep, this is true.

> The ChangeLog implies that the
> requirement was added for i18n?

For a long time we didn't use ChangeLog so it is not so reliable.
Now, we are using it again.

> If it would be acceptable and
> possible, I would be willing to put in some time and
> make whatever changes are needed to remove the dependency.

It is ok for me.
Gustavo: is it ok for you?

Ciao,
Paolo