Re: gtksourceview requires libgnome

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 10:50, Paolo Maggi wrote:
> > Hello.  I recently noticed the existance of gtksourceview
> > and am really interested in using in my own project.
>
> Great!

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what is the project?

> > However, I also noticed that it requires libgnome,
> > which makes me less excited about using it.

[snip]

> > If it would be acceptable and
> > possible, I would be willing to put in some time and
> > make whatever changes are needed to remove the dependency.
>
> It is ok for me.
> Gustavo: is it ok for you?

Sure, go ahead.  AFAICS, the Gnome dependency is just the usage of
object boilerplate macros and the gnome_util_home_file() function.  So,
it should be pretty easy to drop (and it doesn't make much sense to
depend on Gnome for that functionality anyway).  Just bring in the
patch! :-)

Cheers,
Gustavo