Re: incremental lexing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Owen Fraser-Green" <owen discobabe net>
To: <gnome-devtools gnome org>
Cc: <jamess1 wwnet com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 7:35 AM
Subject: Re: incremental lexing

[...]

> Yes, it's very regrettable that they havn't made any code available. I sent
> a mail to the head of faculty, Susan Graham but so far havn't received any
> reply. I read that Ensemble (Harmonia's predecessor) consisted of over
> 300,000 lines of code so I would guess writing even just the incremental
> lexing part would be a mamoth task.

No, Ensemble was huge for other reasons.  The Harmonia framework (which inherited parts of Ensemble) is a lot leaner.  And I can assure you that reimplementing the incremental lexer is not a difficult task as I've done that once before for the CodeProcessor project at SunLabs (http://www.sun.com/research/people/mlvdv/COM.Sun.Labs.Forest.doc.coset_2000.abs.html)

Marat.