Re: [Gnome-devtools] Development suite

JP Rosevear wrote:

> There are several projects involved.  Three IDE's I know of are gIDE,
> CodeCommander and Mooonsooon (unreleased).

I feel it is probably a good idea to clarify the purpose of CodeCommander at

this time, so here goes:

CodeCommander is not, and is not meant to be an IDE, even though it is often

classified as such. It is not made to be the main C/C++ programming environment,

but rather an easy to use Code Editor (TM) for all programming languages for

those who do not want the size of Emacs, but want it's features wrapped in a nice

gui (although I make no claim that CodeCommander is in anyway equal to emacs).

CodeCommander will most likely never include any project management type features,

or any debugging/compilation features past a simple way to run other programs with

certain arguments. CodeCommander is not for hard-core C programmers, but rather for

people who dabble in html, perl, php, java, etc. and want a single program that will

satisfy their Basic Needs (TM).

Anyway, just my $.02 on the subject of IDE's :-)

Later,

Chicane

--

ICQ: 14727618