Re: [Gnome-devtools] Development suit

Masatake YAMATO wrote:

> Is anyone working on gnome/gtk+ development suit?
>
> If there is such a project, what tools will you put into it?
> If there is such a project, what will you expect to the project?
>
> I expect grand unified editor invocation interface.
>
> gtkTrace invokes gnudoit or emacsclient to show a line of a file of a
> program. Currently only emacs is supported. I'd like to support other
> editors. But I don't want to be annoyed to write code for each editor.

There are several projects involved.  Three IDE's I know of are gIDE,
CodeCommander and Mooonsooon (unreleased).

There is a Desktop::Editor idl specification that will be used via
bonobo to work with various editors.  IIRC Gnomacs has implemented this
to a certain degree.

Gnome-debug is already available released and has components for
debugging that I will eventually be adding to gIDE for debugging.

Gnome-build is a module that will handle build systems, especially
auto*.

-JP
JP Rosevear				jpr arcavia com
Arcavia Software Ltd.			http://www.arcavia.com