alacarte - blowing up menus in kde3 and enlightenment when changes made in gnome??

This is strange, but I have a sense that alacarte is causing changes to the menus in my kde3 and enlightenment (E17) desktops (really bad changes).

After making changes today to the menus in gnome 2.30.1, I started kde3 and was shocked to find my kde3 menus nearly empty and nearly all of the menu items had found there way into the "Lost & Found" submenu. Further, the items in my kde3 menus that remained were items that I changed in gnome.

It was like the only menu items I had left in kde3 were the ones I had added or changed in gnome and all of the other menu items were flushed away into the "Lost & Found" submenu.

Further, in E17, the items I had changed in gnome were changed in my E17 menu as well.

Is this possible - could alacarte be screwing up my menus in my other desktops? If so can I get my menus back to normal by changing some gnome settings so that alacarte will not mess with my other menus?

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
510 Ochiltree Street
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961