Thunderbird Compose Window Background Color is "Whacked Out" How to fix?

I don't know if this is a gtk issue or a thunderbird issue, but starting with thunderbird 3.0.x-3.1, there was a change to tbird that caused this bug to appear. I grabbed a screenshot showing the very green background:

I have the 'mail.compose.background' set to #121417 which is the same dark gray you see in the decorations and is certainly not green.

Where does this bug need to be filed? Gnome? Mozilla?

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
510 Ochiltree Street
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961