Re: gnome-libs in CVS

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 03:06:29PM +0000, Elliot Lee wrote:

> >I can build more or less any GNOME module from CVS except
> >gnome-libs [snip]
>
> You do need to have imlib installed, and if you're installing into a
> prefix different from the one automake was installed with, you'll have to
> symlink $imlib_prefix/share/aclocal/*.m4 into
> $automake_prefix/share/aclocal

Hmm. I've given up trying to maintain two different GNOME installs (debs and
CVS-built), and installing another couple of Debian devel packages seemed to
sort everything out; it seems I was getting lots and lots of problems solely
because the imlib aclocal files weren't available. It seems very odd -
confusing to the point of a bug - that a couple of missing files should
cause such a large number of totally unrelated messages, but that's a
different issue [1].

Anyway, that solved that problem. Thanks to everyone who pointed out where I
was going wrong.

[1] Can't autoconf/automake complain about a missing macros file rather than
ignore it and subsequently complain about undefined macros?

Cheers,
James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org