gnome-libs in CVS

Am I being stupid? I can build more or less any GNOME module from CVS except
gnome-libs - the autoconf step isn't creating a valid ./configure; I think
it's failing to read in most of the standard m4 files, and so it's missing
lots of the substitutions. Manually adding lots of the by hand to aclocal.m4
solves a lot of it, but I can't find AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB, so it doesn't help
much.

Am I doing something obvious wrong? Am I missing some vital package I wasn't
previously aware of? Or is gnome-libs/ broken in some way at the moment?

Cheers,
James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org