Re: gnome-libs in CVS

On 2 Jul 1999 10:08:51 -0400, James Aylett <dj-gnome@insigma.com> wrote:
>Am I being stupid? I can build more or less any GNOME module from CVS except
>gnome-libs - the autoconf step isn't creating a valid ./configure; I think
>it's failing to read in most of the standard m4 files, and so it's missing
>lots of the substitutions. Manually adding lots of the by hand to aclocal.m4
>solves a lot of it, but I can't find AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB, so it doesn't help
>much.

You do need to have imlib installed, and if you're installing into a
prefix different from the one automake was installed with, you'll have to
symlink $imlib_prefix/share/aclocal/*.m4 into
$automake_prefix/share/aclocal

>Am I doing something obvious wrong? Am I missing some vital package I wasn't
>previously aware of? Or is gnome-libs/ broken in some way at the moment?

Are you using autogen.sh, or trying to run the various steps manually?

-- Elliot
You're not being rude. I'm just a moron.