Re: EOG for GNOME 1.4 - use eog-0-6 branch

Christian Rose <menthos df lth se> writes:

> I don't think this is the way to do it. Traditionally, the Window menu is
> for *switching* between already existant windows, and only that. The File
> menu is where all creating of new stuff, closing existing stuff, saving
> and opening goes.
> Take a look at other apps. Where will you find the "new window" option in
> most cases? In the File menu. Moving it elsewhere is only confusing for users.

This is also how it's done in Nautilus.

> If you by "the UI department" mean people on gnome-gui-list gnome org,
> this was the opinion from one of those people ;-)
>
> I really think this is something that should be solved in the German
> translation alone. You can use other key accelerators; it does not have to
> be the initial letters in the words, for example. Using a letter in the
> word gives you plenty of shortcut options.

I also don't like changing the UI for only one language very much.

Btw. what do you think about my suggestion to do it in the same way it is
done in Nautilus ?

EOG                             Nautilus

Create New _Window              _New Window
_Open Image                     _Open
_Close This Window              _Close Window

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)