Re: [gnome-db] How do I install the GdaBrowser executable?

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 08:22:42PM +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
     On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 08:10:46PM +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
     >    Hi!
     >    It may not be packaged for XUbuntu/Ubuntu, I certainly could not find
     >    it.
     I suspect that may be the problem.  Is there any other way of
     obtaining it?  I guess I could build from source but I'd rather not.

   I'm afraid compiling it from the sources may be your only alternative,
   sorry!

That doesn't work either!  I got the latest source (libgda-5.2.4.tar.xz)
from ftp.gnome.org, I configured with the following:-

    ./configure --enable-system-sqlite --with-help

... and it returned the following summary:-

     Configuration summary for version 5.2.4
       Installation prefix = /usr/local
       Building GTK+ UI extension: no
       Installing Glade GTK+ UI extension catalog: no
       Building Libxslt extension: no
       Building libgda GObject Introspection: no
       Building libgda-ui GObject Introspection: no
       Building Gtk-Doc: no
       Building Help (GdaBrowser): yes
       Building GDA Vala Bindings (--enable-vala): no
         Vala API version to use: No Vala bindings will be generated
       Building GDA-UI Vala Bindings: no
       Building Vala Extensions: no
       Building Vala Documentation: no
       Building Building Libgda's associated tools: yes
       Compiled providers:
          Berkeley DB = no
          Berkeley DB SQL = no
          FireBird (client)= no
          FireBird (embed)= no
          MDB (MS Access) = no
          MySQL = no
          Oracle = no
          PostgreSQL = no
          SQLite = yes (embedded)
          SQLCipher = yes
          JDBC = no
          WEB = no
          LDAP = no
       Binreloc support is disabled: Libgda will not be relocatable. To
    enable binreloc support re-run with --enable-binreloc (see
    http://autopackage.org/docs/binreloc for more information)

It specifically says "Building Help (GdaBrowser):  yes" but there's no
GdaBrowser executable built anywhere.  (I've looked for all variations
I can think of with upper and lower case).  I've even searched through
all the executables it's built and it's not there.  (Oh, yes, just in
case you were wondering - I have run 'make')

I suspect the config/make is broken somewhere and it hasn't been
building DbaBrowser for a while!

--
Chris Green