Re: [gnome-db] libgda-5.0 - GI improvements and auto Vala generation

On 29 September 2011 20:03, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
Its my fault. Sorry.

In order to build correctly you need to apply the following patch to Gda-5.0.metadata (I missed to port modifications from 4.2.x branch).

Please apply to master.

done:  http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgda/commit/?id=637f3d1e10e3d29b30083e59f7b49e4dc3eb0181

At this point:

Can I get write access to repository? I plan to create a branch to develop some modules in Vala before to request to be merged to master.

Yes, though I guess you'll have to follow the normal process to get an account, see https://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts.

And VERY IMPORTANT:

Master has reached 4.99.x, seems to be lasts steps to 5.0 release, at this point new features must be freeze I think, Why to add new API like GdaDataPivot? Why don't create a branch for 4.99.x to fix bugs before 5.0 and continue on master for upcoming 5.2 release?

My fault. You're right, the 4.99.x should now be turned into 5.0. Let me fix the few bugs about iterators which have been reported lately and I'll make the 5.0.

Regards,