Re: [gnome-db] IMPACTED_ROWS

On 22 March 2011 13:05, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> gda_connection_statement_execute_non_select returns correct number of
> affected rows (UPDATE prepared statement) when I use SQLite provider. With
> MySQL one, there's 0 returned, even if at least one row has been affected.
>
> I use libgda 4.2, but I suspect the same issue is valid for 4.0.

This is probably true as no notable changes have occurred in between
the two. However, I don't understand where the problem comes from as
after execution the mysql_stmt_affected_rows() is called and it should
return the correct number of rows.

Could you send me an example of SQL command along with a table and
some data in it so I can reproduce the problem (from my experience
MySQL has a lot of corner cases where things don't work as the doc.
says...)?

> Can I work around it somehow?

I have not idea how to.

I'll send a patch as soon as I identify and correct the problem.