Re: [gnome-db] IMPACTED_ROWS

On 22 March 2011 13:05, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> gda_connection_statement_execute_non_select returns correct number of
> affected rows (UPDATE prepared statement) when I use SQLite provider. With
> MySQL one, there's 0 returned, even if at least one row has been affected.

I did some tests and I get the correct number of impacted rows, for ex
using gda-sql, for a table defined as "create table test (id int, name
varchar (50));":
c0> insert into test values (1, 'aa');
IMPACTED_ROWS => 1
c0> insert into test values (2, 'bb');
IMPACTED_ROWS => 1
c0> delete from test;
IMPACTED_ROWS => 2
c0> select version();
version()
─────────
5.5.10
(1 row)

So either you have a MySQL server version which I need to handle
correctly in Libgda or you have a database structure which makes MySQL
to behave differently, or you have some kind of weird SQL?
Please send me some test data so I can reproduce the problem.

Regards,