Re: [gnome-db] "ALTER USER", etc, with GdaSqlBuilder?

On 20 May 2010 21:42, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:
> On 20 May 2010 21:33, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

>>> No. For this kind of statement (other than SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT or
>>> DELETE) you can either directly use SQL
>>
>> Yes, we do that now.
>>
>>>  or use the GdaServerOperation
>>> (though at the moment the GdaServerOperation does not support doing
>>> any user manipulation, and it should be added, tell me if you would
>>> like to have this in the 4.2).
>>
>> Thanks. Of course I'd like to have it, but it's not particularly urgent.
>> It's just the last SQL-building code in Glom that we have not replaced
>> with GdaSqlBuilder or GdaServerOperation. I guess that it would
>> unnecessarily delay 4.2.
>>

> Adding it is only a matter or declaring it in the
> dta-server-operation.h file and implementing it for the PostgreSQL
> provider (which is the one used by Glom), with a little documentation
> along the way... should not be that hard.

Here is a patch implementing the CREATE USER operation for PostgreSQL
(done in 30'). If you find it usefull I'll add the other operations
for users as well before a 4.1.6. You can test it with the
libgda-ui/demos/gdaui-demo-4.0 and the "DDL queries" demo item.