Re: [gnome-db] "ALTER USER", etc, with GdaSqlBuilder?

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 17:40 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> On 20 May 2010 13:52, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > Is there any way to use GdaSQlBuilder to do thinks like this, which Glom
> > does with PostgreSQL?:
> >
> > ALTER USER "bob" PASSWORD "secret"
> > CREATE USER "bob" PASSWORD "secret"
> > DROP USER
> > REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON "invoices" FROM "bob"
>
> No. For this kind of statement (other than SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT or
> DELETE) you can either directly use SQL

Yes, we do that now.

>  or use the GdaServerOperation
> (though at the moment the GdaServerOperation does not support doing
> any user manipulation, and it should be added, tell me if you would
> like to have this in the 4.2).

Thanks. Of course I'd like to have it, but it's not particularly urgent.
It's just the last SQL-building code in Glom that we have not replaced
with GdaSqlBuilder or GdaServerOperation. I guess that it would
unnecessarily delay 4.2.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com