Re: [gnome-db] GdaSqlStatementSelect->where_cond

On 26 February 2010 15:59, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:
> Vivien Malerba pisze:
>
> Hi!
>
>>> I am looking at GdsSqlStatementSelect diagram and hardly find how to set
>>> multiple where conditions to Statement structure.
>>
>> You can only specify one GdaSqlExpr as the WHERE condition (the
>> GdaSqlStatementSelect::where_cond), so if you need several condition,
>> you need to create a GdaSqlExpr which acts as the "top level" AND or
>> OR operation. There are various example in Libgda's code which
>> illustrate how to set this up.
>
> What about expr->value of type string? Should I quote it explicitly?
> gda_sql_identifier_add_quotes add double quotes, so I assume I should
> take care of strings and quote them before setting expression value.

You don't need to quote anything, but you need to to:
expr->value_is_ident = (gpointer) 0x1;
to specify that the GdaSqlExpr holds an SQL identifier.
See gda_sql_builder_add_id() in
http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgda/tree/libgda/gda-sql-builder.c

BTW, you should not use gda_sql_identifier_add_quotes() as it's marked
as deprecated.