Re: [gnome-db] Status of Oracle support..

2009/11/29 Shawn Ferris <shawn ferris gmail com>:
> On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 16:17 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
>> > Also, I've created a simple program that creates a result.
>> > gda_data_model_dump_as_string displays the results accuraretly, however,
>> > in a GdauiGrid, all the values say <non-printable> with the exception of
>> > nulls. (those cells are empty of course)
>>
>> If you can send it to me I can try to reproduce and correct the problem.
>
> Wasn't sure how much you wanted, so I'm including the vapi that I
> generated, obviously the vala code as well as the generated c code from
> vala. Also, there are two examples.. for the most part they're identical
> except that one dispays the results in a grid, and the other via
> dump_as_string.
>
> Also, the Makefile should compile the examples without requiring vala at
> all. Again, just didn't know how much you wanted to see.

Thanks for the examples, it helped correct the problem which was that
the GdaDataModel's column's types
were not set even though they were computed. (BTW I had to install the
vala compiler to change the name and password, and I was impressed
with it,I might try it in the future...)

Anyway, the correction is now in git (master branch), tell me if it's
OK for you.

> PS: Also wasn't sure whether I should CC the list for something like
> this or not? (I presume the attachement will be stripped leaving a
> fairly empty email)

You're probably right the attachment might have been removed. Next
time you can fill a bug report in bugzilla so anyone can access the
code.

Regards,