Re: [gnome-db] Status of Oracle support..

2009/11/28 Shawn Ferris <shawn ferris gmail com>:
> Hey All --
>
> I've downloaded and installed libgda-4.1.3 and enabled Oracle support
> using Oracle instant client 11.2.0. I'm running into issues and I'm
> wondering if I'm trying to use it to prematurely?

The Oracle provider has been re-written after the 4.0 release and is
still not used widely so you can
expect some bugs, yes.

> For instance, the add connection dialog doesn't seem to support adding
> Oracle connections. You can select the oracle provider, but the database
> name input doesn't include TNSNAME which causes the connection to fail.
> Manually updating the configuration works fine however.

Right, I'll correct this ASAP.

> Also, I've created a simple program that creates a result.
> gda_data_model_dump_as_string displays the results accuraretly, however,
> in a GdauiGrid, all the values say <non-printable> with the exception of
> nulls. (those cells are empty of course)

If you can send it to me I can try to reproduce and correct the problem.

> I should also mention that I'm trying this in Vala and I haven't ruled
> out vapi issues, but thought I'd quickly ask in case these are known
> issues and the oracle support isn't ready for prime time.. (The
> generated C looks good to me, so I don't think that's the issue.. but
> I'll continue to debug it of course)

I'd rather blame Libgda then Vala for this ;)

Regards,