Re: [gnome-db] Per-table meta-data with capital letters in the table

2009/7/19 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 14:10 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> The new gda_sql_identifier_quote() function  does exaclty this for
> you: make sure you pass TRUE as the last argument.

Must we use this for the table name and field name parameters when using
GDA_SERVER_OPERATION_ADD_COLUMN and similar commands with
GdaServerOperation?
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda/unstable/ch18.html#id3131073

When database providers render a GdaServerOperation to SQL when performing the operation, the SQL identifiers are copied without any transformation, so it's up to you to correctly set the SQL identifiers values (such as table name), so the anwser is no, you don't have to.