[gnome-db] V3 vs V4

For the past few weeks, I've ported my code from V3 to V4.  My findings:

1) the sqlite provider for V4 seems to be in pretty good shape.  I've
found and fixed a number of memory leaks, but on the whole, I can use
it.  I have an operation to create an index which crashes, but I don't
know if the problem is mine or in libgda, and need to chase it down.

2) the mysql provider is missing a lot.  when I look for try to update
the meta_store, all of the mysql routines report that they are not
implemented.  in addition, when I inquire whether a table exists or not,
it returns that it does not, so when I try to create it, it fails
because it already exists.  In addition, as I reported in a previous
posting, I need a mechanism to return the correct string dbms type based
upon string length.

3) I haven't tried the postgresql provider yet.

I need to make a decision soon whether to stick with V4 or revert back
to V3, or possibly switch to a different db backend provider.  What is
the future of GDA-3 vs GDA-4?  What is the expected timing for GDA-4?
Will there by any more GDA-3 releases while V4 is being worked on?  I
understand that this is a volunteer project, but can you say anything
about what I, a volunteer on another project, can expect?

Phil