Re: [gnome-db] V4: How to represent a string type in a CREATE TABLE operation

Phil Longstaff writes:

> I am working on a libgda-based backend for the gnucash finance program, and as requirements, I need to support sqlite, mysql and postgresql backends.  I would prefer to be db-independent and and leave all dependencies to libgda.  Can we come up with a mechanism in libgda to return the correct string column type?

BTW, there's an issue with MySQL and text/longtext in gda 3.0.
MySQL doesn't support text or longtext via reflections so every time
there's value of binary type returned which must be converted to string
type. I do not know what conventions are used here and there, but I do
not store binary data in database and in every case I neeed string when
column type is blob.

Piotras