Re: [gnome-db] problem (?) in docs for 3.99

Vivien Malerba wrote:
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 4:29 AM, Mark Johnson <mrj001 shaw ca> wrote:
On page:
 http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda-4.0/3.99/GdaSqlParser.html
 we find the following explanation of variables in the SQL string:

 ##NAME[::TYPE[::NULL]]: for a variable named NAME with the optional type
 TYPE (which can be a GType name or a custom database type name), and
 with the optional "::NULL" to instruct that the variable can be NULL.

 It says I can use a GType name.  Does that not include "GString"?  I get
 the following error:

The GLib type for a string is "gchararray" (it's in the GLib), which
you should use instead of "GString". However Libgda also recognizes
"string" for the same type. If you think "GString" should also be
recognized , then I can add it.

Cheers,

Vivien.

No, that's OK. I found in the source code where I could use 'string' as the type. I had the mistaken impression that GString was part of the GType hierarchy. A closer look at:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-Strings.html
shows it is a struct, without the GType class extras.

Thanks,
Mark