[gnome-db] problem (?) in docs for 3.99

On page:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda-4.0/3.99/GdaSqlParser.html
we find the following explanation of variables in the SQL string:

##NAME[::TYPE[::NULL]]: for a variable named NAME with the optional type TYPE (which can be a GType name or a custom database type name), and with the optional "::NULL" to instruct that the variable can be NULL.

It says I can use a GType name. Does that not include "GString"? I get the following error:
Could not determine GType for parameter 'the_guid'

The code causing this error was:
pStmt = gda_sql_parser_parse_string(pParser,
        "SELECT * FROM slots WHERE obj_guid = ##the_guid::GString",
        NULL,
        &error);

Mark