Re: [gnome-db] where can I find a contact management db

Hello all (again)

I was all enthousiastic about a reply I received today and looked further inside various application development repository such as sf.net, Freshmeat.net and Gnomefiles.org only to find out that the Linux community does not have a Contact Management System for Gnome ;-(

I'm surprised, I'm frustrated (not at you specifically of course) to see that no contact management system exist for desktop users.

I found one on sf.net but it is not conveviable on the Linux side and the project is very basic.  It's called DefCon at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=197464&use_mirror=osdn&filename=depcon-0.1.1.alpha-JRE.zip&20875912

Any how, if someone knows of an application (evolution is more like an Outlook program for email and Open Office is too generic) that would allow one person to store contacts, allow multiple mailing, etc, I would be most interrested in collaborating on such project if I need too!

Tks.

Daniel.