Re: [gnome-db] Will you deprecate GdaDataModelQuery? and other questions

I have revision 3053 but it laks some files:

tests/meta-store/data_schema_1.csv
tests/meta-store/data_schema_2.csv

after copy other csv (just to allow make dist clean work), I use
./autogen.sh but fails missing MakeFile.in files (even when they are
there), but runing ./configure configuration works.

now I have some undefined reference to add_g_list_row.

I want to test/usr 3.99 for my project.

2008/2/9, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
> On Feb 9, 2008 11:49 AM, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
> > 1. I found that you plan to deprecate GdaQuery on libgda 3.2/4.0, but
> > GdaDataModelQuery needs a GdaQuery to create a new one, then may be is
> > better to deprecate
>
> GdaQuery is replaced by another object (GdaStatement) which will be
> used as a replacelement in the
> GdaDataModelQuery object.
>

> > gda_data_model_query_new (GdaQuery *query)
> >
> > to have:
> >
> > gda_data_model_query_new (GdaDataModel *model)
> >
> > and leave GdaDataModelQuery Object to use GdaQuery internaly.
> >

> > 2. In 4.0 and/or 3.2 witch will be the procedure to INSERT, UPDATE,
> > DELETE rows in database?
>
> Same as 3.0: use a GdaDataModelQuery or directly run SQL statements
>

> > By now I think you need From a GdaQuery (deprecated) get a
> > GdaDataModel, create a GdaDataModelQuery (autocalculate the required
> > GdaQuery) and then (optionaly) use a GdaDataModelProxy to do it.
> >
> > For the new 4.0 and/or 3.2, i think you could:
> >
> > >From the GdaDictTable get a GdaDataModel (representing a
> > GdaDataModelQuery with the autocalculated GdaQuery internaly and all
> > the data in the table), then use a GdaDataModelProxy (optionaly) to
> > modify the data in the database. I think this will be the simpliest
> > way to use GDA.
>
> This sort of mechanism will be implemented in the data models returned
> by the providers.
>

> > If you agree I can create the funcition in GdaDictTable to do the last
> > one, and then deprecate GdaDataModelQuery.
> >

> GdaDict and related objects will also be removed.
>
> I've just committed the first compiling version in the V4 brench, if
> you want to test it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vivien

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)